A melon, an avocado and some peppers.

Here is the most recent painting. I seem to have a little series going so I am going to look for another vegetable tomorrow and for some fruit and maybe another flower or two in the next week or so. I am really enjoying these and I think that it might be nice to have a grouping of veggies, fruits or flowers to hang. I think that these (9x12) will look nice in frames. When they are all finished I will make them available for sale most probably.



I am working on the windows on the front of our house. They were painted shut long ago and need repainting and of course I like windows that open so I am working on that. Two of five are now openable. The putty that holds the glass in the frame is falling out so I am removing that and will be replacing it but I think that I might have a professional do the painting. On the other hand, to a certain extent a painter is a painter and these are all on the porch so there are no scary places where a ladder has to be on the ground and a rock or something like that. It sounds doable.

Meanwhile I am reading a book on Edward Hopper, the American painter whose work I am sure you have seen and also some mysteries by an author new to me whose name I can't remember this minute.  I will let you know - she has written quite a few of them. Have you read anything good lately?

All will be well
XOXOXO
Caroline






Comments

Tamrjo said…
Your paintings are wonderful. I've enjoyed following your process and progress. Edward Hopper is one of my favorite artists. When we lived in Virginia, I was able to see several pieces of his work at museums in D.C.

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do