sidewak

This painting is of the sidewalk across the street from my house. We are working on light/illumination so the most important part is the light and shadow. I have included the original photo so you can see what I was working from. I am not displeased although I can see where it can be improved.  I guess that there is always room for improvement at this stage of the game.




I enjoy working in oils even more than I thought I would. I don't use any solvents so it is a safer studio to have in the house. I also use a painting knife instead of a brush and it cleans up with just a wipe. I might use brushes at some point but they can be cleaned with walnut oil followed by soap - still no solvent. I don't think I could do it if I had to use turpentine despite the nursery rhyme about Queen Caroline who washed her hair in turpentine to make it shine. 

All is well,
XOXOXO,
Caroline 




Comments

Joanna said…
Looking good. I enjoy your journey with oil paints!

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do