A Little Fish or two

I got busy working on my homework and nearly forgot to post this little fish - actually two fishies The one in the front is metal, patinated just a little by virtue of being several years old. I think that maybe if I had done him on a 6"x6" I might have been able to do a better job. but there is no guarantee. In the background is a glug pitcher. The tail of the fish is hollow so that when you fill it or pour from it there is a glugging gurgling  sound. I have a larger red one also from which I fill the dog's bowl with "fish water." He doesn't care but I like it.

I don't remember where the starfish came from. We find so many live ones at the beach and always throw them back but I think I bought these long ago.

For class I have selected a photograph, copied it in color and black and white, and put it in a sheet protector which I then gridded in two inch blocks. Next I cut down a piece of Mixed Media board to 16"x20" and gridded it in 4" blocks, then copied the photo to the paper. I will paint the lines yellow and the homework will be done. I have a few more lines to add before the yellow paint.

It is late (or early) and I am tired so I think sleep might be in order very soon.

All is well and all will be well
XOXOXO,
Caroline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do