summer days

Summer days seem to fly by so fast. Oh, who am I kidding - at this age all days seem to fly by. Yesterday, though, was a day fuller and longer than usual. What made yesterday long?  When I was putting away freshly laundered sheets I looked in the linen closet and was horrified to see mold on the walls.

DH's shoulder injury from months ago still prevents him from doing many things so I knew that the demolition, at least, was my job. I emptied the closet, putting things on our bed. (Why I didn't immediately clean off other surfaces and put them there is a mystery. )I got my trusty little hammer and started in. The first shelf came out fairly easily but for the next I had to cut the caulking and use a big brass hammer - it took both hands. I am sure that my hands, which have never regained all their strength from after the wrist breaks a few years ago, are stronger now!. The third shelf had been cut a little short ("measure twice, cut once" was not applied ) and the caulk was a huge rope. By this level I was on a ladder and thinking mean thoughts. The topmost level was a piece of cake, thank goodness. 

Yuck!


In my bedroom

and more

and a little more

The shelves have to be stripped and cleaned with bleach. There is always fun to be had around here. After the shelves were out I ripped out the thin masonite on the wall and discovered this. 

The culprit. When A/C was added it was not insulated. The grey and white is the A/c to the upstairs (where it almost cools one room) and the tan is the back of the living room wall. Thank goodness there is no mold there!

This is what I had planned to do. Ha!But there will be another day and actually, I sneaked a few minutes in the rocker with my glass of iced coffee this morning. 

All will be well
XOXOXO, 
Caroline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do