I haven't done much quilting lately and when I got back to it I realized that the work I had done last fall (or whenever it was) was full of mistakes, so I spent much time "reverse sewing" - also known as "ripping out". These are such simple pieces and they are easily put together but if you sew on the wrong side of the little sandwich of pieces you have a larger piece that is just wrong!
The pieces should go together like this, with verticals on the upper left corner.
but if you pick this up the wrong way and sew it on the wrong side ...
You get this - with horizontals on the upper left corner.
Then if you sew then to another square you get this below
instead of this. How many did I do wrong last year? More than I should have and more than I want to admit and enough to keep me busy
ripping reverse sewing for a long time this afternoon.
Here is the little bit that is done properly. It will be a quilt for a queen size bed so, as you might guess, I have a lot to do. It is going to be a rather weird quilt at best, but I will quilt it with lavender thread and hope for the best and it will be warm. By the way, these larger blocks haven't been sewn yet, so this might not be the final arrangement.
If I ever finish this I plan to make a quilt for our bed. It will be red and pink and greens. The one we are using, made of all batiks (very soft fine fabric) is falling apart. It has served well, but it is time for a replacement.
All is well,