In the middle of the night

Sometimes  From time to time Often I get my days and night mixed up. This is one of those times. Last night I couldn't sleep but I had to get up this morning soon after seven so that this afternoon I was nearly dead when I stretched out on the bed for a few minutes and ended up sleeping for two and a half hours. Now I can't sleep tonight. Oh, well, I should be accustomed to this schedule by now.  

During dinner at Vicki's house tonight, Sara called. Now, Sara is doing her clinical at the hospital and she was on her way home with a story to tell. I excused myself from the table because I know that hospital stories all concern either blood, pee or poop.  It is just a given. All this is new to Sara because it is not all injuries on a playing field;  I believe that she is going to be a very good nurse.  She has a good heart without being soft about things. I won't share the story - it was about one of the major three, though. 

Here is the painting I am working on now. This was taken a few minutes ago in the dark kitchen so it looks a little dark but you get the idea. I am not sure how I will resolve it but it has been interesting to work on so far. Maybe some pink? Maybe not. I do think that the green needs to be smoothed out a little but I am not sure about how I can do that. I am not even sure which way is up. That is the way it is with beginning paintings when you don't have a "picture". Lots of questions. I have to make up the answers as I go. 

All is well, 
XOXOXO,
Caroline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do