Anne Bagby class

I should have taken more photos but I was busy the whole time working. We were doing what Anne calls "precision collage" which resembles appliqué . Anne had simplified drawings of ERI, Henry VIII, and face cards of all the suites. We chose one and traced it numerous times. (She made me start over because my tracing was too sketchy - I have a hard time going to the edge and closing my lines to make shapes.) From our tracings we cut pieces that we glued to the master traced copy. Sounds easy and I guess that it was, but not in every way. So here is mine. When I flipped it over we decided that the back was interesting so I have photographed it also.
 This is the back. If I add a little color to the face and hands it might be really good. 

The front. As you can see, the long chains she wears need color (gold) and she needs a face as well as some powder. I don't think that Elizabeth was much for sun, but she looks like she just came home from two weeks at the beach!. Eyes, eyebrows, nose and mouth might help, too!

This one is on a darker piece of painted paper as a trial. She needs the same things (they are all the same collage). I might put a piece of fun foam under her, trimming it closely around the figure to raise it from the background. The background needs some borders and then the whole thing needs a frame. Using an inexpensive frame and painting or covering it makes this something that is not too expensive to buy or do several of. 

My plan is to simplify the queens or all the face cards of a deck of cards and finish them in a similar way. Well, I will do one first and see how it goes. I could use their bodies and use drawings of faces of real people that I have drawn. There are all kinds of possibilities. I was thinking of doing one of brother's family - Vicki says he would be the joker instead of the king!

As to the BIG project, most of the cabinets are in; we are entering the homestretch. I am fairly sure that I will have a kitchen before Thanksgiving, four weeks from now. 

And the weather has warmed again and I am sitting on my front porch writing this. I love these last days of warm weather. Our leaves have just begun to turn; it is sunny and just warm enough to be out in shirt sleeves. This is just about as good as it gets!

All is well, 
XOXOXO, 
Caroline


Comments

Chrissy said…
I am impressed - Good Queen Bess, no less! I suppose her features will be the most difficult part?

With the clock change, our weather has gone very cold, very wet. Still, there's the comfort of the woodstove and hot water bottles!

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do