Leaping girl and Junk pile

We are providing our neighbors, bless their hearts, with a lovely view. This is the pile of ductwork and related stuff from the old A/C. At least it is a neat pile. More or less. 
 At the far edge of the yard, where no one can see, is a hosta that did not get stepped on just blooming its heart out to add a little beauty and civilization into the pigpen the back yard (garden?) has become. 
 Now this is a poke weed, but even it is trying to add a little beauty. 
 Meanwhile, this pile of supplies, not trash, just about has me blocked out of the studio. 
 I thought that you might appreciate this cool lock. It appears to be locked , and
 there is even a place for a key, which we don't have. 
 but if you twist it
 and pull back on it, it opens, giving access to the dark spiderwebby stairway. I will be so glad when we can work on this project


 Here is how my pour ended the day. What do you think? A few places have to be worked on yet to bring it all together but I doubt that I will do much on the girl - making her realistic is just not what I am good at. The whole thing is ready for a good look, some thinking and more work. 
Meanwhile, 
All is well and all is well
XOXOXO
Caroline


Comments

Chrissy said…
Love the leaping girl. I hope you keep her.

Poke weed: I have read about it in novels but never seen it before. It goes with things like jimpson weed, strange American plants.

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do