What the changing weather does



 You know, of course, that Labradoodles don't shed. What isn't so well known is that they blow their coats. We think that Jackson, bathed yesterday, slept here last night.


 This morning I combed him for a few minutes on his back and the places he would let me reach. He rubbed up against me to show me he loved me. After that I didn't love him quite so much as I was on my way out to a meeting. To think that I buy wool to knit when I have this lovely dog hair just waiting to be spun! Not. There is no telling what kind of pile I might get with some serious brushing!

Here is our newest yard ornament. I try to pretend it is a newly red-painted T.A.R.D.I.S, red now instead of blue and belonging to the newest Doctor.  Dr. Who, you ask? Dr. Who. 


Dr. Who is Drew's favorite for the family to watch when they are here. Jenny used to watch but it is all new to me. For those who don't know, the T.A.R.D.I.S is some kind of time machine that looks like a blue police call box on the outside but is quite large on the inside.



These were all a part of our house, soon to be part of a landfill except for the brick which we will use in the garden. They are actually paver bricks. No holes. Here is the house as it presently stands. We have discovered the answer to several questions that had plagued us. The bricks across the back were different because the door had been moved and the porch extended. The original door was closer to the driveway as it will be again. 

Inside is all plastic drapes in the kitchen, the office and the doorways to try to keep the mess and the cold (and rain?) out.

I will post again in a few days and I hope to have progress to show you. 
XOXOXO

Caroline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do