Justin and Dustin

 The work continues . Justin and Dustin are here all day and working away at our addition. Here is what it looked like this morning.

As the day progressed, the flooring of the porch came off. That white doorway on the left once led into the basement and you can look through the door in the pic on the right into the basement just to the left of my washer. Dark hole of Calcutta-ish it looks and feels. 


I think that these steps aren't really connected, just placed there;  I don't know if they can be moved or if we will have new ones. The hole there, under the previous addition, is much shallower. 


Meanwhile, at the side of the house, along the neighbor's drive, the daffodils are putting on a lovely show. 


The guys found this piece of a local newspaper behind some mortar and saved it for me. They know that I am interested in the history of the house. 


A beam is being installed to hold the new roof addition. The yard is full of debris, neatly piled and ready to be loaded and carried away. Fortunately, I had already made a plan for the yard/garden that doesn't rely heavily on grass because the yard is being trampled so that I doubt it would grow. I hope that the hostas will survive after all the hard work Alan and Alyce did digging, bringing and planting them. I am sure that at least some of them will and I can add some and replant those that multiply and it will be lovely again - but maybe not this summer.

With everything so topsy turvy I am having a hard time getting anything done. It seems a big waiting game. Unsettling, but all is well, and will be well .

Thanks for reading. I hope that you are warm and well and productive.

XOXOXO
Caroline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Painting

Rain, lovely rain

The things we do